Rules of the CTF
- No shareflag, it is up to the staff to decide whether a player should be helped or not
- Treat everyone with respect (and love). No harassment, sexism, racism or hate speech will be tolerated.
- No violent, obscene or NSFW content, whether text, images or links featuring nudity, sex, hyperviolence or any other disturbing content.
- If you notice anything that is against the rules or makes you feel unsafe, let the moderators know. We want this server to be welcoming to everyone!
- No spam or self-promotion (server invitations, advertisements, etc.) without permission from a server moderator, including via PMs sent to other members.
Code of conduct
We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all participants, organizers, and other members of the community of the Norzh Capture The Flag ("CTF") Competition namely Players, and its presence on the corresponding NorzhCTF 2021 Discord free from discrimination for any reason including on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, age and religion. This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for Players behavior as well as the steps to reporting and consequences for unacceptable behavior.
All Players are expected to:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior or speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow Players – your fellow Players may have a different level of comfort with respect to language and personal space.
- Alert Norzh CTF organizers (see Reporting Guide below) if you notice any unacceptable behavior.
This code is not exhaustive or complete. It serves to distill our common understanding of a collaborative, shared environment, and goals. We expect it to be followed in spirit as much as in the letter.
Unacceptable behaviors include :
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct.
- Offensive verbal comments including as related to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, age, or religion.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public and online spaces (including but not limited to public channels, private groups, and direct messages in the NorzhCTF Discord server).
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following of other Players.
- Harassing photography, recording or conversation.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior by Players will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a User engages in unacceptable behavior, the NorzhCTF organizers may take any action they deem appropriate at their sole discretion, up to and including expulsion from the Competition and expulsion from the NorzhCTF Discord server.
If you are being subjected to unacceptable behavior on this platform (i.e. the Competition or the NorzhCTF Discord server), notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have concerns that this Code of Conduct is not being followed, notify a NorzhCTF Organizer as soon as possible, either by contacting them in the NorzhCTF Discord server, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your report, please include :
- Your contact information.
- Names (real, nicknames, or pseudonyms) of any individuals involved. If there are additional witnesses, please include them as well.
- Your account of what occurred, and if you believe the incident is ongoing. If there is a publicly available record please include a link.
- Any additional information that may be helpful.
After filing a report, a NorzhCTF organizer will contact you personally. The NorzhCTF organizers will then review the incident, follow up with any additional questions, and make a decision as to how to respond. All reports will remain as confidential as possible. The NorzhCTF Organizers will determine and carry out the appropriate course of action, and will be available to help Players experiencing unacceptable behavior feel safe for the duration of the Competition.